Volunteer Co-ordinator (20 hours a week)
SCHOOL TERM TIME
Flexible Hours to be discussed
£18,000 a year pro rata.
Glasgow’s Golden Generation
Care in the autumn Years
Glasgow’s Golden Generation has provided a volunteer support network to the elderly in Glasgow since 1948, via Day Care Centres, Weekly Clubs, Befriending and Welfare Income Maximisation.
The charity is looking to recruit a part time volunteer co-ordinator to work with the clubs, increase membership and support the leadership. Seek out and recruit entertainment, educational visits and other appropriate club activities.
Work to increase awareness and financial income from” Care in the Autumn Years Week “
Manage the annual review of club financial accounts in line with best practice.
Adhere to GDPR 2018
Arrange organise and attend club District meetings three times a year.
Report to and work alongside the Engagement Volunteer Manager, where required recruitment and support with all charity volunteers.
Must be a car owner and driver, some flexible working may be required.
Knowledge of Microsoft packages
Experience of managing volunteers within the charity sector and passionate about supporting the elderly in Glasgow to help alleviate Loneliness and Isolation and improve their quality of Life, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to show:
- excellent communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- experience of managing or coordinating projects and volunteers (paid or unpaid)
- an empathy with volunteers and an understanding of their needs
- the capacity to inspire and motivate others
- the ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
- a flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work.