Glasgow's Golden Generation ("GGG")
Tablet User AGreement & Conditions of use
Please read these terms and conditions (‘terms’, ‘terms and conditions’) carefully before using Glasgow’s Golden Generation app (the ‘service’) operated by Glasgow’s Golden Generation (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’).
“GGG” – Glasgow’s Golden Generation
We are recognised as a charity by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (SC008200) – Glasgow’s Golden Generation is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland (163918)
“Service-user” – An individual that is a member of a “GGG” Club and/or uses any of our services.
“Device” – Lenovo M10 Tablet and docking station including charging cables.
Conditions of Use – We will provide these services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this app, use its services or make a purchase, you accept the following conditions. we urge you to read them carefully.
To be agreed by the “Service-user”:
1. As a recipient of a Glasgow’s Golden Generation’s “Device”, I agree to the following conditions:
1.1 Look after my “Device” carefully at all times.
1.2 Charge up my “Device” using the supplied docking station charger.
1.3 Only use programs on my “Device” that “GGG” has agreed or are from the Google Play Store.
1.4 “GGG” are not liable for any purchases made on the Tablet and/or apps downloaded to the device.
1.5 Only use my “Device” to record audio or video clips with the clear and explicit permission of everyone involved in the recording.
1.6 Never access inappropriate content on my “Device”.
1.7 Never remove any asset tags or security markings from my “Device”.
1.8 Ensuring the “Device” is not subject to graffiti, by myself or others.
1.9 Immediately report any damage, loss or theft which happens to “GGG” Head Office to our IT Manager Len Littler ( firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0141 221 9924). You must also the report the theft to the Police.
1.10 Report any technical issues to our IT Manager Len Littler ( email@example.com or phone 0141 221 9924)
1.11 I understand that the “Device” is the property of Glasgow’s Golden should be returned to the Head Office if I’m no-longer an active server-user of “GGG” or upon the request of a member of staff.
1.12 Ensure that I care for and respect the “device”.
1.13 Ensure that the “Device” is used solely by me.
1.14 Provide your own Internet Access to connect the device.
3. Acceptable Use – We expect all parties concerned (“Service-users” and “GGG”) to follow all the above rules and procedures. If, however, a “Service-user” breaks these rules then “GGG” reserves the right to restrict or remove their access to the “Device”.
Content published on this app (digital downloads, images, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of Glasgow’s Golden Generation and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws. The entire compilation of the content found on this app is the exclusive property of Glasgow’s Golden Generation, with copyright authorship for this compilation by Glasgow’s Golden Generation.
5. Communications –The entire communication with us is electronic. Every time you send us an email or visit our app, you are going to be communicating with us. You hereby consent to receive communications from us. If you subscribe to the news on our app, you are going to receive regular emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you by posting news and notices on our app and by sending you emails. You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
6. Applicable Law
By visiting this app, you agree that the laws of our country, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms and conditions, or any dispute of any sort that might come between Glasgow’s Golden Generation and you, or its business partners and associates.
7. Comments, Reviews, and Emails
Visitors may post content as long as it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties.
Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation.
We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content. When you post your content, you grant Glasgow’s Golden Generation non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish, and modify such content throughout the world in any media.
8. License and Site Access
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this app. You are allowed to download it but not misuse it.
9. User Account
If you are an owner of an account on this app, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion
10. ‘Good Practice’ Online
We take appropriate steps to ensure that any information you give us during virtual communications is private and secure. However, to help us keep your information safe and secure:
10.1 Please use private accounts and make sure your passwords are strong.
10.2 Make sure you log out of devices and accounts once you’ve finished using them.
10.3 Use a secure internet connection, such as your home WiFi, but avoid public or guest wifi unless you are using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to keep your data safe.
For more information about using digital communications, you can speak to one of our colleagues for advice on ‘how to stay safe online’.
By using video/audio tools, you will also agree to the terms and conditions of the relevant service providers, for example Zoom, Facebook, YouTube etc. These are updated regularly and are available directly through each provider.
“GGG” agrees to:
1. Provide service-users with a “Device” and access to a range of “GGG” resources.
2. Give Service-users an introduction to using and caring for the “Device”.
3. Provide Service-users with a range of “GGG” services which make use of the “Device at home.
4. Make sure that any repairs required on the “Device” are communicated to our IT Manager Len Littler (email : firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0141 221 9924) to ensure they are dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible.
5. “GGG” will not be responsible for any costs involved, nor content accessed, when the Internet is accessed.
6. Issue questionnaires to Service-users to help us in the ongoing evaluation of this service.