Why Glasgow’s Golden Generation?
Glasgow’s Golden Generation has been supporting older adults across Glasgow since 1948 through Befriending, Weekly Clubs, Day Care Centres and Welfare Services. All our services are designed to decrease loneliness and isolation in older adults throughout the city.
Each day we spend over £3,000 to ensure older adults in Glasgow can live in their own homes, independently for as long as possible. Our core services are:
- Befriending – visiting older adults in their homes to give them company and where possible help with reintegration into the community
- Weekly Clubs – over 100 volunteer led weekly clubs which keep older adults active and engaged.
- Day Care Centres – 3 day care centres which provide activities, stimulation and a nutritious 3 course meal
- Welfare Services – assisting older adults with benefits applications which see older adults’ income increased by an average of 4k per successful claim
GGG sees hundreds of older adults every year and often they will be involved with more than one service. The charity also operates a popular shop in the west end of the city to fund the charity’s work. Every pound you raise for GGG will stay in Glasgow so you know you are helping your local community.
GGG can tailor opportunities to your company but recent corporate partners have participated in:
- Sponsored zipslide across the Clyde
- Painting and decorating of centres
- Facilitating activities at day care centres – i.e. reminiscence
- Volunteering as a Befriender
- Assisting in the charity shop
- Serving lunch in the day care centres
- Taking part in Kiltwalk
- Sponsoring events (ie. Ladies Sparkling Afternoon Tea)
As GGG is a small charity, all opportunities can be tailored to your needs. Recent corporate partners have enjoyed spending time in the day care centres with Service Users. Often this is just sharing lunch with our older adults but volunteers are encouraged to use their own talents. This might be spending time doing our service users’ nails or leading a small group in an art activity.
For more information or to speak to us about nominating Glasgow’s Golden Generation as your Charity of the Year please email. email@example.com or call Lesley on 0141 221 9924.